Research | Publications | Projects
The department advertises short-term research fellowships in the field of geography. Successful candidates are normally awarded tuition fees, research funds and equipment such as laptop, GPS etc. The fellowships are awarded to successful competent progressive postgraduate students within the department and beyond depending on the availability of funds.
Research positions can also be awarded to fully sponsored overseas students to conduct their studies in Uganda. The department offers working space, scholarly reading materials and equipment, and research guidance on request.
Presently, the department is in the process of establishing the following centres in the university. These centres of excellence are projected to spearhead research in the country and region at large. The centres are:
- Social Studies Centre
- University Geospatial Centre
- University Climate and Water Resources Centre
- Barasa Bernard: Assessing the effect of settling refugees and host communities on vegetation cover in west Nile, Uganda – funded by Kyambogo University under Competitive Research Grants
- Dr Turyabanawe Loy Gumisiriza: Land Use and Climate Change Effects on stream flow, Sediment and Nutrient Fluxes in Mitano catchment, south western Uganda – – funded by Kyambogo University under Competitive Research Grants
- Nadhomi Daniel: Crop modelling – funded by Kyambogo University under Competitive Research Grants